End of 2012 season

Sunday 22 May 2011

We Did It !!!

Well it has been awhile since we have updated the blog, but we have been a little pre-occupied with trying to get the golf courses open. Trent should think about sticking with the golf industry rather than wasting his money betting on horse racing. Not only did the course open on May 20th, but we opened all 36 holes, something that was not expected. Our turf care team, joined by members of the pro shop and outdoor services teams worked tirelessly for 16 days straight, 13 hours a day to get the course opened for the 20th. It definitely was the toughest spring start up I have ever been a part of, and I was happy to finally have snow blowing off my daily task list for the first time since the start of March. The team showed amazing determination and personal strength as we had to push everyone to exhaustion, including our management team. We still have a long way to go, but I am looking forward to getting into a routine and picking away at some of the cleanup we have left to complete.
I played my first round of golf yesterday and played surprisingly decent. Hopefully that trend will continue tomorrow and I can take a few dollars off of Trent and our mechanic Terry. Hopefully everyone can make it out to K Country once this season and get in a round. The greens are in very good shape and the rest of the course will follow once we get our fertility program into full swing.
I have done up a quick little photo montage and interview with Trent that documents our battle with Mother Nature this spring.



1 comment: