End of 2012 season

Friday 18 November 2011

The Off Season

Things have slowed down considerably in the K Country turf care department. I would like to think we are in cruise control until the new year. I am currently focused on growing my Movember moustache,playing hockey, checking the tarps to ensure the bubble wrap stays in place, bucking up fallen trees after the 100 km + chinook winds took them down last week, and starting to prepare for next season. We had the chance to check out a Turf Canada seminar on Floratine last week, which was very informative, as they talked about some important agronomy issues and new products. As well we have the AGSA Property Manager’s Conference coming up at the end of the month, which will be a good time. I have started the interview process with some of our international turf students, so they can have ample time to apply for their Visas. I am hoping to have job offers out to 4 or 5 turf students by mid December.
As well we have a movie company setting up shop in the parking lot about 200 yards from our office for the movie Bourne Legacy. I am hoping to play the role of moustache guy #2, but we will see if my acting career will pan out. If anything I plan to try and get in good with the security guards and get a few pictures taken with some of the cast. James is a huge fan of Edward Norton so we will see if we can get him an autograph.

Other than that we are just waiting the snow to fall so we can keep busy ploughing and working on refurbishing some course accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment